Theoretical computer science is well represented.
- 47th ACM Symposium on the Theory of Computing. Apply for student travel support by May 9th.
- 30th Computational Complexity Conference, now an independent conference. Student travel support deadline of May 9th. CCC is looking for a new logo, if you have ideas send them to Dieter van Melkebeek.
- 16th ACM Conference on Economics and Computation and its associated workshops and tutorials
- 27th ACM Symposium on Parallelism in Algorithms and Architectures
- A plenary lecture by Andy Yao
The CRA-W is organizing mentoring workshops for early career and mid-career faculty and faculty supervising undergraduate research.
A number of other major conferences will also be part of FCRC including HPDC, ISCA, PLDI and SIGMETRICS. There are many algorithmic challenges in all these areas and FCRC really gives you an opportunity to sit in talks outside your comfort zone. You might be surprised in what you see.
See you in Portland!