Let me be a bit Billish (or is it Gasarchian) and make my comments as questions.
- Which talks are most worth watching?
- How many of these videos do you plan on watching?
- Do you get value over these talks over reading the papers? The papers aren't on the IEEE DLs yet but Shiva has collected some links.
- If STOC/FOCS talks were generally available on-line shortly after the conference, would this affect your attendance?
- Are the videos useful even if you did attend FOCS?
- Would you prefer videos on a established site like having a YouTube channel so the talks will always be available and you can use YouTube features like embedding?
- Should STOC/FOCS and other conferences continue to make videos of their talks and post them freely on-line? How much would you be willing to pay in increased registration fees to make it happen? This would be a subsidy from those attending the conference to those who don't.