So what do you think? Will there be a 50th CCC? Will you be there?
Will there be conferences?
- Comp Sci may grow up.
- We may videotape the talks more. Then NSF will stop paying people to go since you can see the talks anyway. So less people will go. This is part of a more general trend where as a society we are sacrificing community for efficiency.
- The field will still be vibrant, P vs NP will still be unsolved.
- L=RL may be proven.
- Some form of the Unique Game Conjecture may be proven or disproven.
- If GI is in P we may see that proven within 25 years. If GI is not in P then I doubt we'll see that proven within 25 years.
- If Ketan's Geometric Complexity approach begins to work we may change the name to Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry and Representation Theory.
- If we find more and more about what we cannot do and less and less about what we can do, we may change the name to The Barrier's Conference.