In the 90's, we started distributing papers by email, but then who you sent papers to started to matter. As soon as we had a browser in 1993, for fairness, though more because I got tired of responding to paper requests, I put together a page that had electronic copies of all my papers. Over the years those files have gone from postscript to pdf and the page started as html and later I used bib2html which I kept going on my old Chicago CS account that nobody bothered turning off. Bib2html failed to work for me last week, I asked the twitterverse for an alternative and they answered. I went with bibbase and now can reveal my new paper page. Pretty easy to tell from the page when I started as a department chair. I kept the old page active just in case but it will no longer be updated.
Sometimes I wonder why I bother and just let people use Google Scholar or DBLP to find my papers. I guess I'm just not ready to give up this record of my research life.