The University of Maryland at College park is having a Theory Day on Wed Oct 24! Come hear
- Distinguished talks by Julia Chuzhoy and Venkataesan Guruswami!
- Short talks (is that code for NOT distinguished?) by Bill Gasarch, MohammadTaghi Hajiaghayi, Jonathan Katz, Samir Khuller, David Mount, Elaine (Runting) Shi, and Aravind Srinivsans. (I never realized I was first alphabetically until now.)
- Discussions in hallways for those that learn more that way!
- The major conferences and also the NY Theory Days have a long enough tradition that they don't need much advertising.
- Email is not as useful as it used to be since we all get too much of it.
- There IS a website for theory announcements here, and also one of our links, but more people need to post there and read there. A chicken and egg problem.
- Twitter. No central authority. If Aravind had a twitter account (I doubt he does) then he could tweet to his followers, but that would not be that many people.
- Any ideas?