- STOC will be held May 31-June 3 in New York City. Early registration and hotel deadline is April 30. Student travel support requests due by this Monday.
- The newly renamed ACM Conference on Economics and Computation (EC '14) will be held in Palo Alto June 8-12. Early registration deadline is May 15. Hotel deadline is May 19th but the organizers suggest booking early because Stanford graduation is June 13.
- The Conference on Computational Complexity will be held June 11-13 in Vancouver. Local arrangements information will be posted when available.
- The ACM Transactions on Algorithms is searching for a new Editor-in-Chief. Nominations due May 16.
- Several of the ACM Awards have been announced. Robert Blumofe and Charles Leiserson will receive the Paris Kanellakis Theory and Practice Award for their "contributions to robust parallel and distributed computing."
- Belated congratulations to new Sloan Fellows Nina Balcan, Nayantara Bhatnagar, Sharon Goldberg, Sasha Sherstov, David Steurer and Paul Valiant.
Friday, April 18, 2014
Time for a short rundown of announcements.