- If you have a paper all set to go, with proofs complete, that is in scope and interesting, then you certainly COULD submit. Whether you should depends on other factors.
- If this is the first you've heard of the deadline then you probably shouldn't RUSH to get it done in time. However, some people work well that way. Not only am I not one of those people, I don't understand those people.
- This year STOC and CCC are back-to-back in Boston. That's my favorite arrangement- the advantage of FCRC (STOC and CCC in the same place) without the disadvantage (too big!). Hence, submit, accept, or not, I think you should GOTO STOC and CCC if circumstances permit.
- Should you look at who is on the committee and based on that decide if it will get in? I tend to ignore the committee. So many papers are subrefereed. Trying to figure out which conference will be better for you based on the committee is too hard to deduce. Better to go for SCOPE- is your paper a complexity paper or not? Also, if for some reason a STOC or FOCS paper is better for your resume you can submit there; however, you can then end up with NO conferences for a while and resubmit later and and and...
- If you submit then make sure to get your submission spellchecked and proofread before you submit.
Computational Complexity and other fun stuff in math and computer science from Lance Fortnow and Bill Gasarch
Monday, December 14, 2009
CCC deadline Dec 15, 2009! (not factorial)
Submissions to 25th CCC are due TOMORROW! (Actually it could be TOMORROW, TODAY, or IN THE PAST depending on when you read this.) Should you submit?
but i want lancie back, not billie.ReplyDelete
PLEASE LANCE DONT LET BILL TAKE OVER THE POSTS. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPL EASE
WE MISS U ALREADY >>
A FOLLOW UP DISCUSSION:
WHY DO PEOPLE AGREE WITH ME ?
EITHER COZ I'm right or coz they know LANCE IS THE SUPERSTAR (aka on a different league).
Nice post about CCC! I would leave an interesting comment but I have to work on my CCC submission.ReplyDelete