I asked around and asked the class. Much to my surprise about 3/4 in each class wanted paper. Why? Speculation:
- They would rather I print it out then they print it out.
- Having the paper serves as a reminder to do it (my psychological point.)
- The want to have more trees cut down, hasten global warming, since that way the planet may die before the final.
- The youth of today are not quite as PAPER FREE as we think.
- I copied 40 HW's and only 30 people show up for class- so that really is a waste. I assigned 12 HWs, so that's 120 sheets of paper wasted. (CAVEAT- not totally wasted- I print out other papers on the backs when I can.)
- There were a few times when I gave out the HW, taught a lesson, then realized I wanted to ask something different. BETTER to make up MOST of the HW before the lesson, but then adjust it and post after the lesson.
My question for you: are your classes COMPLETELY paperless at this point? PROS and CONS? Also, when will this post seem quaint and odd? I thought it already was, but my students reaction says otherwise.