Why should you go?
- If you are a beginning student in theory you should go to see what research is happening. Something you see in a talk may inspire a PhD topic.
- If you are a student in theory who already has a topic in Complexity then you should go to see how your topic connects to other branches in Complexity. And to talk to other people who may know stuff about your topic.
- If you are a student in theory who is working in algorithms then you should go to broaden your horizons.
- If you are NOT a theorist than should you go? Depends- if you want to get into theory or if you have a passing interest then certainly. If NOT then... well, there may be some other reason to go.
- If you are an adjunct, postdoc, lecturer, professor, research scientist, or some other category that I can't recall, some of the above reasons still apply to you.